James R. Hart has been practicing law for more than 25 years and is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® and listed in Super Lawyers. Mr. Hart received his B.S. in 1980 and J.D. in 1983 from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa and the Raven Society. He provides comprehensive assistance in matters involving:
Admissions and memberships
Initially admitted to the Virginia Bar in 1983, Mr. Hart has subsequently been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia; the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia; the U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit; and the U.S. Supreme Court. His professional affiliations include the:
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Chair, State Bar Council Committee, 1992 to 1993; Chair, Law Library Committee, 1991 to 1992; Co-Chair, Professionalism Committee, 1995 to 1997; Chair, Membership Committee, 1997 to 2000
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Chair, Construction Law and Public Contracts Section, 1994 to 1995; Member, Board of Governors Construction Law Section, 1988 to 1996
Mr. Hart is a member of the Fairfax County Board of Zoning Appeals and the Fairfax County Planning Commission. A frequent author and lecturer on construction law issues, he was the editor of the case supplements to the Virginia State Bar Construction Law Handbook and Reference Manual from 1990 to 1996, and has published numerous articles, including:
- "Blanket Mechanic's Liens in Virginia, Post-Addington-Beaman," Virginia Lawyer, September 1991
- "Due Process and Mechanic's Liens: The Necessary Party Doctrine in Virginia," Virginia Lawyer, January 1993
- "The Reinecke Problem: Timeliness of Open Account Mechanic's Liens," Virginia Lawyer, September 1993
- "The Kenbridge Defense: Offsite Improvements and Mechanic's Liens," Virginia Lawyer, December 1996
He is a neutral case evaluator for the Fairfax Circuit Court.
An attorney for 25 years, Robert F. Horan, III is BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® and listed in Super Lawyers. He earned his J.D. from George Mason University School of Law in 1986 and his B.A. from the University of Virginia in 1981. The majority of his legal practice is devoted to:
Admissions and memberships
Mr. Horan was admitted to the Virginia Bar in 1986; the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in 1989; and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit in 1995. He belongs to the Prince William County Bar Association and the Virginia State Bar, where he is a member of the Criminal Practice Section.
Mr. Horan was an Assistant Commonwealth Attorney from 1986 to 1990.
Call on Hart & Horan, P.C. today
Located across the street from the Fairfax County Courthouse, Hart & Horan, P.C. is your source for diligent representation from hardworking lawyers. We serve clients in Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Arlington and Stafford counties, as well as the cities of Manassas, Fairfax and Alexandria. Contact our office online or at 703.348.4481 to meet with an attorney from our firm.